As you are wrapping up your last year of high school and making key decisions about your future, it can be difficult to decide on a major. Every person is different; some know instantly what they want to do with their life while others have absolutely no clue. This is perfectly acceptable as career and academic investigation, new experiences and testing the waters are all part of college and university life. If you are unsure of what program major to go for, here are some things you can consider:
- Speak to friends, family, relatives or anyone else in your life about their major choices and career and how they made the decision.
- If you are undecided about what to go for, you can also consult a professional career counselor to get some guidance and advice.
- You need to obtain information about the different options at your disposal. You can use the UCAS telephone number to do so in order to ensure you are making an educated decision.
- It is a good idea for you to evaluate your skills. What are you good at? How well do these skills match your interests? Researching into various areas can undoubtedly help you in narrowing down your choices.
- If you still remain unsure, you can opt for a few electives and experience them before deciding what you want to go for. It is perfectly acceptable for you to change your mind later on instead of having to live with the regret of making the wrong choice.